Facebook and Twitter tend to steal the social media spotlight.
Marketers are constantly talking about the power of a post or a tweet.
But what about their often ignored cousin, LinkedIn?
Why doesn’t that platform get as much love?
You may not be too familiar with LinkedIn, but we promise it’s worth a second glance based on statistics alone.
For example, did you know that LinkedIn generates 4x as many homepage views as Twitter and Facebook?
With over 400 million members worldwide, the nearly 13 year old company is now the largest professional networking platform in the world.
Basically, if you’re a professional living in today’s world, you really should be using LinkedIn.
So let’s take a look at the underrated social media butterfly that is LinkedIn.
Step aside Facebook and Twitter, there’s a new social media butterfly in town.
So Who Is On LinkedIn?
So who are those 400 million faces you can expect to see on LinkedIn?
- They are from over 200 countries making the platform truly a global network (107 million of those are in the United States alone).
- They are both men and women, with 56% of users being male and 44% female.
- They are increasingly young, with 40 million students and recent college graduates opting for LinkedIn to connect with employers.
- They are growing in numbers with 2 new LinkedIn members every 2 seconds.
Fun Fact: 41 % of millionaires use LinkedIn… so get to chatting with some of the most successful people on the planet!
An Absolutely Insane Way To Connect
So as you can tell from the stats above, LinkedIn has a pretty impressive array of people that are essentially at your fingertips.
If you’re a professional living in today’s world, you really should be using LinkedIn.
Think you’re not taking advantage of those connections? Well, you should know that:
- Over 25 million LinkedIn profiles are viewed every day.
- The average user has 930 connections-- that’s 930 people you can network with at the touch of a button.
- People are looking at LinkedIn on the go with 50% of LinkedIn visits via mobiles in 2015.
- 17 minutes a month are spent on the social media site on average.
Attention Marketers: LinkedIn is NOT just for job seekers!
There is a longstanding myth when it comes to LinkedIn that it’s ‘just’ for job seekers and recruiters. In fact, it is one of the richest B2B marketing platforms on the planet. If you are selling products and services to companies, you need to check out the embarrassment of riches LinkedIn has to offer.
Every wondered how you could use LinkedIn to boost your business?
For example, did you know that:
- 91% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to distribute content and 62% find it effective ( that’s a higher number than Facebook, Twitter or YouTube).
- 93% of B2B marketers ranked LinkedIn as the most effective social network for generating leads.
93% of B2B marketers ranked LinkedIn as the most effective social network for generating leads.
- 50% of LinkedIn members are more likely to buy if they see that a company is on the platform.
So basically, companies that used LinkedIn are finding more leads and generating more sales.
If you are a B2B company, LinkedIn is the fishing pond you should be casting your reel.
The Lowdown on our Social Butterfly
So, whether you’re a business owner, recent college grad or anywhere in between, there’s a place for you within LinkedIn. The network will only continue to grow over the coming years, opening new doors and endless possibilities for it’s members. The future is definitely bright for LinkedIn – especially for marketers.
The only question that remains is… What is the best way you can tap into the power of the LinkedIn giant?
We have a few ideas...why don’t we chat?